Copy Image as DataURL
This add-on adds a right click menu to copy a image as a base64 data URL
What is Copy Image as DataURL?
Copy Image as DataURL is a Firefox add-on by igorlogius. This add-on has 20 daily active users and an average user rating of 3.00. The latest version, 1.4.10, was updated 5 months ago.
Rating: 3.00 (2)
Version: 1.4.10 (Last updated: 2023-01-15)
Creation date: 2021-02-13
Weekly download count: 2
Firefox on Android: Yes
Manifest version: 2
Risk impact: Low risk impact
Risk likelihood: Moderate risk likelihood
Not available on Chrome
Not available on Edge
This add-on adds a right click menu to copy a image as a base64 data URL (ref. https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTTP/Basics_of_HTTP/Data_URLs) Usage:
- Visit any real website (Excluding the browser restricted sites: accounts-static.cdn.mozilla.net, accounts.firefox.com, addons.cdn.mozilla.net, addons.mozilla.org, api.accounts.firefox.com, content.cdn.mozilla.net, discovery.addons.mozilla.org, install.mozilla.org, oauth.accounts.firefox.com, profile.accounts.firefox.com, support.mozilla.org, sync.services.mozilla.com)
- Right click on a image
- Click "Copy Image as Data URL"
- CTRL+V to paste the dataURL
This add-on tries to use the minimal number of required permissions to successfully fullfill its intended purpose. If you think this could be improved please let me know by opening an issue (see. below) and i will try to look into it. More Details on the individual permission can be found here: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Add-ons/WebExtensions/manifest.json/permissions
- "menus", to add the menu entry
- "activeTab", to access the clicked image
- "clipboardWrite", to save the dataURL to the clipboard
- Cost/Payment: This Add-on is and forever will be subscription and payment free to use for everyone however they like. If you are feeling generous you can send me a tip via my bitcoin address 35WK2GqZHPutywCdbHKa9BQ52GND3Pd6h4
- Stars/Reviews: If this this add-on was useful for you, please leave some stars or a review so others can find it more easily.
Copy Image as DataURL requires very minimum permissions and is relatively safe to use.
Subscribe to the premium plan to see more risk analysis details
Copy Image as DataURL is probably trust-worthy. Prefer other publishers if available. Exercise caution when installing this add-on.