Pile - lightweight bookmarking
Store links for later review with a single click of a button.
What is Pile - lightweight bookmarking?
Pile - lightweight bookmarking is a Firefox add-on that allows users to store links for later review with a single click of a button. It is small, fast, open source, and does not depend on cloud services. It puts the focus on simplicity and interoperability, providing quick access to bookmarked content through a scrollable sidebar.
How does it work?
Press the Pile button to store a link in your Pile bookmark folder. A scrollable sidebar gives you quick access to its content. Show and hide it by pressing the sidebar button in your toolbar.
Differences to other “read it later”-like solutions
- It’s small and fast.
- It’s open source.
- It doesn’t depend on cloud services. As long as you do not activate any bookmark syncing services (e.g. Firefox Sync), everything stays on your harddrive.
- It doesn’t harvest your data.
- It puts the focus on simplicity and interoperability. Pile won’t get in your way.
- Alt+⇧+P - put the current page on the Pile
- Alt+⇧+S - open/close the Pile sidebar
- Right-click on page - close the active tab after putting it on your Pile
- Right-click on tab - put all unpinned tabs on the Pile and close them afterwards
- Basic search functionality
- You can move bookmarks in and out of your Pile using the bookmarks library. You can also re-position the Pile folder itself.
- NEW: You can quickly clean up your Pile in one fell swoop. Just click on the trashcan symbol in your sidebar and select what you want to remove.
Pile - lightweight bookmarking may not be safe to use and it requires some risky permissions. Exercise caution when installing this add-on. Review carefully before installing.
Pile - lightweight bookmarking has earned a fairly good reputation and likely can be trusted.