This is a Firefox extension that shows in a readable format, the state of HSTS and HPKP domains stored by the browser. Firefox does not have a native way to show these domains or this functionality documented.
What is PinPatrol?
PinPatrol is a Firefox extension that shows the state of HSTS and HPKP domains in a human-readable format. It displays domain details such as score, date last visited, expiration date, security property, subdomain inclusion, and HPKP pins.
The information provided by the table is the one stored by the browser, "translated" into a more human readable way.
- Domain: Domain protected under HSTS or HPKP.
- Score: This score is a Firefox value. It increases by one every different day (24 hours at least) the domain is visited.
- Date: Last day the domain was visited. It is calculated by Firefox using the number of days since 01/01/70.
- Expiration Date: Max-age of HSTS or HPKP, in other words, when the entry will expire.
- SecurityPropierty: This is a Firefox value. SecurityPropertyUnset if 0, SecurityPropertySet if 1 or SecurityPropertyKnockout if 2.
- IncludeSubdomains: Whether the HSTS or HPKP directive includes subdomains.
- HPKP Pins: List of pins in the HPKP header.
PinPatrol may not be safe to use and it requires some risky permissions. Exercise caution when installing this add-on. Review carefully before installing.
PinPatrol has earned a fairly good reputation and likely can be trusted.