TST Tab Search
Search for or filter the Tabs in TST's sidebar, and quickly find and activate them.
What is TST Tab Search?
"TST Tab Search" is a practical Firefox add-on designed to bolster the Tree Style Tabs extension. It introduces a search box into the TST's sidebar, enabling the user to swiftly locate and activate tabs within the current window. It boasts advanced customizable options such as hotkey search activation, customizable search filters and panels, and the ability to cycle through results. Enhanced search attributes include case sensitivity, whole word, and regular expression search. The add-on does not collect data and is designed to integrate smoothly with the TST extension without causing data loss.
This is an extension for the browser extension Tree Style Tabs (TST). It adds a search box to TST's sidebar, allowing to search the tabs in the current window. With TST Tab Search you can:
- start searching with a global search hotkey (Ctrl+Shift+F)
- customize the filtered tabs and the search panel
- cycle through results and then switch to the tabs
- search case sensitive, as whole word, or by regular expression
- show and search by tab ID
- search by any tab property
about:addons> "Extensions" > "TST Tab Search" > "Preferences", or right clicking the icon at the top right of the browser > "Manage Extension" > "Preferences". Should the icon not be there, then right click any of the other icons, select "Customize Toolbar" (last entry) and look on that page.
Many thanks to TST's author piroor, who has not only developed TST as a great standalone extension, but also designed a very good API for other extensions to interact and integrate with TST. With that, writing the initial version of this extension from scratch took only about two long afternoons (but refining it took a lot longer)
- "Access to browser tabs": Get titles and URLs of tabs to be searched.
- "Display notifications to you": Notify when something went wrong, or right.
User reviews summary
- Helps in organizing tabs
- Allows user to search for tabs
- In active development
- Issues with searching for a tab by words in its title
- Sometimes nothing happens or gives an error message
- Heavy on resources
- Doesn’t hide unmatched tabs or complete trees that do not match the search
- No option to search across windows
- Problems with search functionality
- Need for a dark theme
- Addition of settings to improve functionality
- Resource usage
TST Tab Search may not be safe to use and it requires some risky permissions. Exercise caution when installing this add-on. Review carefully before installing.
TST Tab Search is probably trust-worthy. Prefer other publishers if available. Exercise caution when installing this add-on.