1-click quality for Twitch

1-click quality for Twitch

Adds buttons to change qualities with one click.

What is 1-click quality for Twitch?
1-click Quality for Twitch is a Firefox add-on that adds buttons below the stream, allowing you to change qualities with just one click. It saves the last quality setting and is useful for switching between streams quickly or letting them run in low quality in the background.
Merlin
Stats
By: Xuxa
Users: 88 ▼ -1
Rating: 4.75 (4)
Version: 1.2 (Last updated: 2024-02-22)
Creation date: 2021-12-09
Weekly download count: 7
Firefox on Android: No
Risk impact: High risk impact
Risk likelihood: Moderate risk likelihood
Manifest version: 2
Permissions:
  • storage
  • tabs
Size: 508.06K
URLs: Website
Stats date:

Other platforms

Not available on Chrome
Not available on Edge
Want to check extension ranking and stats more quickly for other Firefox add-ons? Install Chrome-Stats extension to view Chrome-Stats data as you browse the Firefox Browser Add-ons.
Chrome-Stats extension
Merlin
Summary

Adds buttons below the stream so it lets you change qualities with just one click.

The On/Off switch saves the last quality setting, so that when you open new streams, that quality will be selected from the get go if it's available. If it's off, it uses the last quality saved from when it was on or if you selected it through Twitch's own quality options.

I tend to hop back and forth a lot of streams running in the background, but leave all them running in 160p to save PC load. It was something I did for this exact purpose and thought someone else might think it's useful.

1.2: Fix: Buttons are realigned properly when the window is resized. Fix: The saved options were reset in certain occasions. Added button text and background colors. Added automatically mute and unmute settings when clicking on the lowest and highest qualities. The above option, if enabled, is ignored in case the buttons are clicked while holding CTRL. Added the Turkish, Hindi, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese and Korean languages.

1.1.7: Fix: sometimes buttons wouldn't update or show up

See more
User reviews
I like it, but wish it had a color option, the purple is distracting on my setup.
by muchacho, 2023-08-10
View all user reviews
Safety
Risk impact

1-click quality for Twitch is risky to use as it requires a number of sensitive permissions that can potentially harm your browser and steal your data. Exercise caution when installing this add-on. Review carefully before installing. We recommend that you only install 1-click quality for Twitch if you trust the publisher.

Risk likelihood

1-click quality for Twitch is probably trust-worthy. Prefer other publishers if available. Exercise caution when installing this add-on.

Upgrade to see risk analysis details