AMP Browser Extension
The AMP Browser Extension accelerates web browsing by loading AMP or MIP versions of web pages and adding Save-Data request header.
What is AMP Browser Extension?
AMP Browser Extension is a Firefox add-on that accelerates web browsing by loading Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) or Mobile Instant Pages (MIP) whenever possible. It also adds the Save-Data request header and highlights AMP links in Google Search. The extension can be easily customized in Options.
The AMP Browser Extension helps when your connection is slow or unstable. It accelerates web browsing by:
- loading Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) or Mobile Instant Pages (MIP) whenever possible,
- switching between lightweight AMP and full-blown web pages on demand,
- highlighting the AMP links in Google Search
- using Google AMP Cache for faster loading,
- sending Save-Data header,
- excluding provided hostnames from processing.
All features can be easily toggled in Options.
The extension is provided as-is, without any warranty, and it is not affiliated with Google. The source code is available at https://github.com/niutech/amp-browser-extension
AMP Browser Extension is risky to use as it requires a number of sensitive permissions that can potentially harm your browser and steal your data. Exercise caution when installing this add-on. Review carefully before installing. We recommend that you only install AMP Browser Extension if you trust the publisher.
AMP Browser Extension has earned a fairly good reputation and likely can be trusted.