Never gonna rickroll you, never gonna let you get rickrolled.
What is AntiRickRoll?
AntiRickRoll is a user-friendly Firefox extension that shields you from the internet prank known as 'rickrolling'. It operates quietly in the background, giving you the confidence to click on links without the fear of being redirected to Rick Astley's 'Never Gonna Give You Up' video. It is privacy-respecting, frequently updated, open-source and free.
AntiRickRoll is a browser extension that helps protect you from the classic internet prank of being rickrolled. If you've ever clicked on a link thinking it was going to take you to something interesting or informative, only to find yourself watching the "Never Gonna Give You Up" music video by Rick Astley, then you know the feeling.
With AntiRickRoll, you can browse the internet with peace of mind, knowing that the extension is silently working in the background to detect and block rickroll attempts. It's a simple and easy-to-use tool that is available for both Chrome and Firefox browsers.
AntiRickRoll is privacy-respecting, open-source and free! Additionally, the extension is frequently updated to ensure that it is effective at blocking the latest rickroll attempts.
User reviews summary
- Blocks rickroll links effectively
- Also includes some non-official rickroll links
- Prevents users from getting rickrolled, especially for those easily fooled
- Only warns after clicking the link, not before
- The library of known rickrolls is too small, missing many rickrolls
- Doesn't work on disguised videos or rickroll embeds
- Blocks rickroll links
- Needs to warn users before clicking
- Should update the library of rickrolls to be more comprehensive
- Should also include embedded rickrolls
- Effective in preventing unwanted rickrolls
AntiRickRoll may not be safe to use and it requires some risky permissions. Exercise caution when installing this add-on. Review carefully before installing.
AntiRickRoll has earned a fairly good reputation and likely can be trusted.