A two-panel bookmarks manager which is similar to the well-known Total Commander.
What is Bookmarks Commander?
'Bookmarks Commander' is a Firefox add-on that transforms your bookmark management. It features a two-panel system similar to Total Commander, allowing you to simultaneously view and manage two different bookmark directories. Navigate using keyboard shortcuts or the mouse, move bookmarks and folders between panels, perform quick searches and sort items easily. The add-on includes features like detecting duplicate bookmarks, dragging and dropping between panels, and even moving bookmarks between different browsers. With its intuitive design and added functionalities, 'Bookmarks Commander' revolutionizes the way you handle your bookmarks.
This is a two-panel bookmarks manager for your browser. It works similar to the famous Total Commander. You can move items between the panels or view two different directories simultaneously.
Instruction: Click on the toolbar button once to open the commander in a new browser tab. By default the left panel has focus. Use arrow up and arrow down keys to navigate. Use Enter to move to a directory. To move the other panel simply press The left or right arrow key.
Shortcuts: [open links]: Press Enter key to open on the same tab. Press Ctrl + Enter or Command + Enter to open in a background tab or use double-click to open on the same tab. Press Ctrl/Command while double-clicking to open in a background tab. [select multiple bookmarks]: Ctrl/Command with left-click to select more items. [copy links to the clipboard]: Ctrl + C or Command + C to copy selected links to the clipboard. [copy titles to the clipboard]: Ctrl + X or Command + X to copy selected titles to the clipboard. [directly navigate to a bookmark]: Press the first character of the title multiple times to navigate between items starting with this particular character [move one step up]: Use backspace to navigate to the parent directory
User reviews summary
- Useful for organizing and sorting bookmarks
- Helpful for batch updating through export/import feature
- Fully keyboard-accessible
- Author is responsive and the tool is under active development
- Allows for customization of appearance e.g. font size, column widths
- Inefficient with handling large amounts of bookmarks e.g. thousands which results in poor performance
- Imperfect implementation of mouse functionality
- Does not automatically save and restore column widths
- Does not provide visual feedback on command acceptance
- Inability for some users to move bookmarks into newly created folders
- Effective in bookmark organization and sorting
- Poor performance with large number of bookmarks
- Customizability of appearance
Bookmarks Commander may not be safe to use and it requires some risky permissions. Exercise caution when installing this add-on. Review carefully before installing.
Bookmarks Commander has earned a fairly good reputation and likely can be trusted.