The Citavi Picker is an extension for Citavi software users (www.citavi.com). The Citavi Picker lets you easily import online information.
What is Citavi Picker?
The 'Citavi Picker' add-on for Firefox allows Citavi software users to conveniently import bibliographic information and metadata from a variety of online sources such as PubMed, Google Scholar, arXiv.org and various library catalogs. The tool also provides functionalities to automatically look up bibliographic details for ISBNs and DOIs, and even add webpage metadata to Citavi projects. Users can save selected website content, including text and images, as quotations in a Citavi project.
The Citavi Picker lets you transfer bibliographic information to Citavi:<br>
- Import bibliographic information from PubMed, Google Scholar*, arXiv.org and many library catalogs with a single mouse click.
- Automatically look up bibliographic information for ISBN numbers or DOI names.
- Add metadata for a webpage to your Citavi project.
*) To import from Google Scholar, first click Settings. Unter Bibliography manager select Show links to import citations into EndNote.
User reviews summary
- Great for scientists, researchers, and writers
- Time-saving with one-click citation imports
- Useful for quickly adding references
- Convenient for adding literature to the Citavi database
- Does not recognize open projects in Firefox
- Character encoding issue with non-English characters
- Can cause a permanent loading state
- Image quotation not added during reference import
- May slow down certain websites and increase browser resource usage
- Issues with detecting open Citavi projects in Firefox
- Character encoding problems, especially with extended Latin characters
- Occasional performance impact on browser and specific websites
- Version compatibility issues
Citavi Picker is risky to use as it requires a number of sensitive permissions that can potentially harm your browser and steal your data. Exercise caution when installing this add-on. Review carefully before installing. We recommend that you only install Citavi Picker if you trust the publisher.
Citavi Picker has earned a fairly good reputation and likely can be trusted.