Clear Cache and Data
Clears the browser cache and other selected storage.
What is Clear Cache and Data?
'Clear Cache and Data' is a Firefox Add-on developed by Codefisher. This extension allows users to clear their browser cache and chosen storage types including history and download history. This easy-to-use tool also provides options to select specific time periods for clearing data and personalized configurations in the button's drop-down menu.
A button that when clicked will clear the browser cache, or other selected storage types such as history and download history. What gets cleared can be configured in the button's drop down menu. It is also possible to select what time period you want to clear, everything, last hour, last 2 hours etc.
Please note: when you clear the browser cache, the time option is ignored. The entire cache is removed as per the Mozilla documentation.
If you have ideas for new features we are more then happy to consider them for the next release. Just leave a comment, or better post to our Forums
User reviews summary
- Configurable and allows for individual setting clears
- Works as promised
- Unique and useful for users who want a 1-click clean
- Pop-down window often gets stuck, confirmation window won't go away
- Does not clear downloads or offline website data
- Clears saved login data without warning
- Does not provide alert that data has been deleted
- Takes 4 clicks to get job done
- Many users faced issues with the pop-down window
- Unclear if the add-on is functioning as there is no confirmation of data deletion
- The add-on clears saved login data unexpectedly
- Takes more than 1 click to clear the cache/data
Clear Cache and Data is relatively safe to use as it requires very minimum permissions.
Clear Cache and Data has earned a fairly good reputation and likely can be trusted.