Container Tab Groups
Chrome-like tab groups using private and isolated containers: The ultimate tab manager and groups for Firefox.
What is Container Tab Groups?
"Container Tab Groups" is a Firefox add-on designed to enhance tab management. It emulates the Chrome-like tab groups using isolated and secure container tabs. This allows users to use different logins for each tab group and prevent cookies from accumulating. The add-on also provides per-container options for preferred languages, user-agent strings, and proxy settings. It is an effective tool for organizing and managing your browsing tasks securely.
- privacy See more
This extension realizes Chrome-like tab groups using Firefox’s secure and private container tabs.
No special configuration nor other add-ons required!
Tab group = Container
- Use different logins for each tab group
- By using temporary containers or cookie-erasing containers, you can prevent cookies from accumulating.
- Preferred languages
- User agent strings (Chrome UAData/Sec-CH-UA emulation included)
- Per-container proxy settings
The button to show controls for containers is by default on the corner of the tab strip. The button has three dots in it.
- Before starting a task, create a new container for it!
- Open tabs related to the task in that container.
- When finished, delete the container to remove all the clutters.
User reviews summary
- Allows multiple logins working all the time, which is a unique feature.
- Functions similar to Chrome's tab grouping, making it user-friendly to Chrome users.
- Each tab group operates as its own instance for cookies, improving privacy and security.
- Allows the creation and sorting of new categories in the sidebar.
- When trying to send multiple tabs from Android phone to Firefox Desktop, most of them open as a black screen.
- Login and cookies are separate between containers, which some users may find inconvenient.
- Caused Firefox to use excessive RAM for some users.
- Deleting this addon can destroy all existing containers for some users.
- Plugin works similarly to Chrome's tab groups, making it attractive to users transitioning from Chrome.
- Separate instances for cookies in each tab group, provides enhanced security but can also cause inconvenience when setting up services across multiple groups.
- Potential conflicts with other addons like 'Simple Tab Groups'.
- Possibility of increased RAM usage by Firefox after installation.
- Need for improvement in UI, specifically for reordering groups and hiding/showing groups.
Container Tab Groups is not very risky to use and it requires a lot of sensitive permissions. Avoid installing this add-on unless you absolutely trust this publisher.
Container Tab Groups is probably trust-worthy. Prefer other publishers if available. Exercise caution when installing this add-on.