Copy As Plain Text
Easily copy the selected text without formatting to the clipboard via right-click menu.
What is Copy As Plain Text?
Copy As Plain Text is a Firefox extension that removes formatting from the selected text and copies it to the clipboard. Easily copy plain text with a simple right-click context menu action. No more unwanted formatting when pasting text.
Copy As Plain Text is a lite addon that let you easily copy any text without formatting to the clipboard via right-click context-menu item.
Simply browse to a website and select a desired text, then right-click and select - Copy as plain text - from the context-menu. The selected text will be copied to the clipboard without any formatting.
Please note that, in order to paste to the clipboard you can use (Ctrl + V) or right-click and select - Paste - in the context-menu.
To report bugs, please fill the bug report form in the addon's homepage.
User reviews summary
- Unobtrusive right-click functionality
- Works as advertised
- Copies plain text, eliminating extra hassle
- Works fine in Firefox 90.0.2
- Difficult for some users to understand
- Doesn't always work - sometimes doesn't copy anything
- All spacings before and after words are still present when text is pasted
- Right-click functionality
- Compatibility with various Firefox versions
- Permission to input data to clipboard
Copy As Plain Text is relatively safe to use as it requires very minimum permissions.
Copy As Plain Text has earned a fairly good reputation and likely can be trusted.