Custom New Tabs
Load any URL you want when a new tab is opened. CNT is the only add-on to place the focus intelligently on the chosen web page (like a search engine's search box) or in the URL bar!
What is Custom New Tabs?
'Custom New Tabs' is a convenient Firefox add-on designed to enhance user browsing. It allows users to specify a website URL that would load instantly upon opening a new tab, as opposed to the default Firefox 'newtab' page. Perfect for frequent use sites such as search engines or frequently accessed web pages.
When browsing the web with Firefox, you open a new tab and you want it to go to a web page! Custom New Tab (CNT) is an add-on, which allows the user to specify any website (URL) to be opened in new tabs by default instead of the about:newtab page.
Suggested new tab urls:
- wikipedia random page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Random
- google: http://www.google.com
- something silly: http://welcometointernet.org/
Please consider donating or leaving a review!
User reviews summary
- Works flawlessly with no white flashes or inability to open because of FF security
- Has an option to set focus on navbar or page content
- Allows users to select how they want to open a new tab
- Doesn't allow the use of a local HTML file, only live web content
- Doesn't seem to work with Firefox's Multi-Account Containers feature
- Tabs only open momentarily and then close when the extension is enabled
- Works fine initially but doesn't work after closing and reopening the browser
- Doesn't work with Firefox's Container feature
- Has issues of tabs opening momentarily and then closing or displaying a blank page
Custom New Tabs may not be safe to use and it requires some risky permissions. Exercise caution when installing this add-on. Review carefully before installing.
Custom New Tabs has earned a fairly good reputation and likely can be trusted.