Dark Theme for Facebook™
A schedulable and customizable dark theme for facebook.com and messenger.com
What is Dark Theme for Facebook™?
'Dark Theme for Facebook™' is a customizable Firefox add-on that provides a dark theme for facebook.com and messenger.com. The theme can be scheduled, personalized with custom CSS styles, and toggled on/off from the toolbar button. It is designed to enhance the user's Facebook experience.
This extension provides dark-theme for both facebook.com and messenger.com. The theme is customizable from the options page. Also, the user can inject custom CSS styles to these websites to improve the styling and make the theme more personalized. You can simply turn the dark-theme on and off from the toolbar button. Also, it is possible to set a schedule (e.g. night-time duration only) to automatically turn the extension on and off.
Note that this theme is only meant to improve the Facebook usage and has nothing to do with the Faebook.com. It is a free open-source project.
User reviews summary
- Darkens the background to comfortable levels
- Great extension and customizable colors
- Plugin allows to add or modify missing CSS rules manually
- Difficult to read the text in comment boxes and messenger boxes
- Gray isn't black: for some monitors the grey color stays active, which isn't as easy on the eyes as pure black
- Many CSS rules are missing resulting in white areas or black text on black background
- The comment section remains white
- Likes display looks terrible
- User names are light blue which can be hard to see
- Tagged names become obscured in a black box
- Comment Section
- Text and Name Readability
- Desired for More Dark Colors
Dark Theme for Facebook™ may not be safe to use and it requires some risky permissions. Exercise caution when installing this add-on. Review carefully before installing.
Dark Theme for Facebook™ has earned a fairly good reputation and likely can be trusted.