A popup dictionary for quickly looking up word-meanings. It also allows to you to save new words that you like and build your vocabulary.
What is Dictionary Plus?
Dictionary Plus is a Firefox add-on that provides a popup dictionary for quickly looking up word-meanings. It also allows you to save new words to build your vocabulary. With features like phonetic information, part of speech, and pronunciation, Dictionary Plus is a useful tool for enhancing your language skills.
- Shows phonetic information
- Shows part of speech
- Hear pronunciation
- Save a word to build your vocabulary
- If a word is not found in the dictionary, it tries to show information from Google's featured search result.
- Dark and light theme modes.
- Double-click a word to open the dictionary popup and view its meaning.
- Or right-click on a selected word to open popup from menu.
- View other definitions of the word using the 'More' link.
- Hear the pronunciation using the speaker icon.
- Save a word using the 'Save' button on the popup.
- View all your saved words using the Dictionary Plus icon on your browser's toolbar.
Dictionary Plus is risky to use as it requires a number of sensitive permissions that can potentially harm your browser and steal your data. Exercise caution when installing this add-on. Review carefully before installing. We recommend that you only install Dictionary Plus if you trust the publisher.
Dictionary Plus has earned a fairly good reputation and likely can be trusted.