An addon to dim pages.
What is dimmer?
'Dimmer' is a Firefox add-on specifically designed to control the brightness of your webpages. Even while in dark mode, certain bright images or videos can strain your eyes. 'Dimmer' combats this by adding a dark overlay to everything on your page, thereby dimming the overall bright elements and ensuring comfortable and safe browsing.
Even if you're using dark mode your eyes can still hurt by bright images/videos. This addon places a dark overlay infront of everything on the page to dim the brightness.
- Toggle Dim (All tabs): Ctrl + Alt + N (Linux/Windows), ⌘ + ⌥ + N (Mac)
- Toggle Dim (Active tab only): Ctrl + Alt + B (Linux/Windows), ⌘ + ⌥ + B (Mac)
- All tabs When this option is selected, the states will be shared between the tabs that is set to 'All tabs'. If you change the state (dim/undim or change the dim level) of one of the tabs, the change will be applied to all tabs that are set to use 'All tabs' option.
- This tab only When this option is selected, the tab will have its own state and it will not be affected by other tabs' state changes.
- From 'This tab only' to 'All tabs'
User reviews summary
- Easy control of screen brightness
- Has a keyboard shortcut
- Helpful for reducing eye strain and reflections
- Doesn't require access to user data
- Can be activated only when needed
- The thumbnail disappears on dark themes
- The dim button doesn't close the pop-up
- Doesn't work on pdf's viewed in browser
- Needs to be activated for each new page
- Ease of use
- Beneficial for people with frequent headaches
- Helpful for dark theme users
- Doesn't read user's data
- Needs reactivation for new pages
dimmer may not be safe to use and it requires some risky permissions. Exercise caution when installing this add-on. Review carefully before installing.
dimmer is probably trust-worthy. Prefer other publishers if available. Exercise caution when installing this add-on.