PfP: Pain-free Passwords (legacy)
Your new best way to manage passwords, only one password to remember.
What is PfP: Pain-free Passwords (legacy)?
PfP: Pain-free Passwords (legacy) is a Firefox add-on that allows users to conveniently manage passwords with only one password to remember. The add-on keeps user data on their device with secure encryption and supports multiple backup strategies. It is free and open source, providing a hassle-free solution for password management.
IMPORTANT: This is a legacy extension, the current version is available under https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/pfp-pain-free-passwords/.
- Only one password to remember
- Conveniently integrated into your browser
- No need to trust us, your data stays on your device (safely encrypted)
- Most passwords never stored but generated when needed
- Easy to recover a password without access to your device
- Multiple backup strategies supported
- Sync data between multiple devices easily
- Free and open source
- What's so painful about passwords?
- Choosing a master password
- Generated or stored password?
- Keyboard navigation
- Recovery strategies
- Why enter the master password so often?
- Could my passwords be compromised?
There is an online version of PfP available. It has some limitations compared to the browser extension but can be used in case of emergency.
Source code / Contributing
PfP: Pain-free Passwords (legacy) is risky to use as it requires a number of sensitive permissions that can potentially harm your browser and steal your data. Exercise caution when installing this add-on. Review carefully before installing. We recommend that you only install PfP: Pain-free Passwords (legacy) if you trust the publisher.
PfP: Pain-free Passwords (legacy) is probably trust-worthy. Prefer other publishers if available. Exercise caution when installing this add-on.