Encrypt Gmail and any email with CipherMail
Encrypt Gmail, Outlook or any email message using the S/MIME and certificates technology with CipherMail
What is Encrypt Gmail and any email with CipherMail?
Encrypt Gmail and any email with CipherMail is a Firefox add-on that allows you to send and receive encrypted email messages using the S/MIME technology. It supports popular email providers like Gmail, Outlook, Yahoo, and more. The encryption is based on certificates and the solution includes a PKI for generating certificates. With a modern user interface and support for both text plain and HTML email, CipherMail offers a secure and user-friendly way to protect your emails.
Send and receive encrypted email messages with any email account like Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook and many more using the S/MIME technology. CipherMail allows to exchange encrypted email messages with your Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook or any email address that you use. The encryption is S/MIME standard, the solution recommended by the security experts, and it is based on certificates. The certificates are generated on the fly when an email address is used. They are issued by an internal PKI that generated certificates with emailProtection key usage.
The main CipherMail features are:
- S/MIME 3.1 (X.509, RFC 3280) email encryption.
- Compatible with existing S/MIME clients (like Outlook, Thunderbird etc.).
- Certificates for S/MIME email encryption are automatically generated for each contact.
- PKI included in the solution to issue the certificates.
- Modern user interface, with drag and drop of files, progress bar for file uploading, browser notifications, embed images into messages, keyboard shortcuts, multi-language mails, ..
- Both message and attachments are encrypted.
- Text plain and HTML email support. Both formats are encrypted.
- Contact management.
- Autocompletion of e-mail addresses.
- Token-based security engine is used for protection from CSRF attacks.
- Integration with Google using OAuth2.
Encrypt Gmail and any email with CipherMail may not be safe to use and it requires some risky permissions. Exercise caution when installing this add-on. Review carefully before installing.
Encrypt Gmail and any email with CipherMail has earned a fairly good reputation and likely can be trusted.