Tries to play links in mpv. Press the toolbar button to play the current URL in mpv. Otherwise, right click on a URL and use the context item to play an arbitrary URL. You'll need the native client here: github.com/woodruffw/ff2mpv
What is ff2mpv?
'ff2mpv' is a Firefox add-on that facilitates the playing of URLs in MPV. By clicking the toolbar icon or selecting 'Play in MPV' from the context menu of a URL, the add-on directs the media to be played in the MPV player. It specifically uses a native client available on GitHub.
This is a Firefox addon for playing URLs in mpv.
Clicking the little icon in your toolbar will make mpv attempt to play the current URL.
If you want to play a specific URL on a page, right click it and click the "Play in mpv" context button.
mpv is an open source video player based on MPlayer and mplayer2: https://github.com/mpv-player/mpv
User reviews summary
- Works great on old computers
- Simple and clean code
- Doesn't require extensive permissions or additional installations
- Doesn't work on certain operating systems like MacOS Ventura
- May silently fail and not provide any error messages
- May require some troubleshooting to get working
- Good for old machines
- May require troubleshooting
- Simple and easy to use
ff2mpv is relatively safe to use as it requires very minimum permissions.
ff2mpv has earned a fairly good reputation and likely can be trusted.