Collection of Image Related Actions
What is FoxyImage?
FoxyImage is a potent Firefox extension with multi-process compatibility. It enhances your browser capabilities by allowing you to perform a range of image-related actions right from the context menu. With features like duplicate URL removal and filtering downloads, it complements your web browsing needs. The extension works on any website or local files opened by the browser, supporting various actions like image rotation, saving images, and copying images as Data:URI.
FoxyImage is a tiny multi-process extension that adds a number of Image related actions to the Context Menu.
Let me know if you want other functions added.
Note: None of my extensions contain any tracking, advertising or privacy infringement.
- Multi Process Compatible
- Works on any site or local files opened by the browser (Firefox restricts some functions on some URLs.)
- Removes duplicate URLs
- Option to filter downloads (v1.3)
- Import/Export Preferences (v1.4)
- Container Support: New Tab will be opened in the same container (v1.5) (requires cookie permission)
- Rotate Left/Right & 180° (v1.5)
- Flip Vertical/Horizontal
- Open Image in New Tab
- Copy Image as Data:URI (requires clipboardWrite permission) (v1.5)
- Save All Images (v1.1)
- Save Selected Images (v1.1)
- Open Selected Images in New Tabs (v1.1)
- Save All Image Links (v1.1)
- Save Selected Image Links (v1.1)
- Open Selected Image links in New Tabs (v1.1)
- Save All Target Images (from a link) (v1.1)
- Save All Target Image Links (from a link) (v1.1)
- Save Images from Tabs Left/Right (v1.5)
- Save Image Links from Tabs Left/Right (v1.5)
- Reload Image/All Images (v1.7)
- Access your data for all websites: Used to get remote Images
- Input data to the clipboard: Used to Copy to Clipboard (v1.5)
- Download files and read and modify the browser’s download history: Used to download images only
- Display notifications to you: Used to inform users
User reviews summary
- Allows users to reload individual images without reloading the entire tab
- Simple and straightforward
- Works well if a default folder for downloads is set
- Confusing interface for the 'Save all images' option
- Does not offer a remember download location
- Results in multiple 'save as' windows for each image
- No option for adding numbered file naming, leading to naming conflicts
- Does not have advanced image operations like resizing, cropping, color processing, and drawing
- Issue with saving/copying rotated images in some cases
- Poor user experience when setting multiple downloads locations
- Reload individual images
- Simple and neat idea
- Save all images issue with multiple save as windows
- Limited advanced image operations
- Poor experience with saving/copying rotated images
- Bad user experience with multiple download locations
FoxyImage is risky to use as it requires a number of sensitive permissions that can potentially harm your browser and steal your data. Exercise caution when installing this add-on. Review carefully before installing. We recommend that you only install FoxyImage if you trust the publisher.
FoxyImage has earned a fairly good reputation and likely can be trusted.