Ghostery – Privacy Ad Blocker
Ghostery is a powerful privacy extension. Block ads, stop trackers and speed up websites.
What is Ghostery – Privacy Ad Blocker?
Ghostery – Privacy Ad Blocker is a highly-rated Firefox add-on that has been downloaded worldwide over 100 million times. It offers ad-blocking, anti-tracking, and cookie consent removal, enhancing safe and fast browsing. The extension gives you control over the information you share online by blocking intrusive ads and preventing personal data collection. Additional features include analytics on the trackers installed on any visited webpage and a preview of trackers on search engine results. The add-on is free, open source, and supported globally.
Ghostery counts more than 100+ million downloads worldwide.
Ghostery for Firefox provides safe, fast, and clutter-free browsing for free. The browser extension upgrades your Firefox browser and supplies full adblock functionality, stops trackers from accessing your personal data, and annoying cookie consent pop-ups.
Ghostery has three main components:
- Ad-Blocking - blocks all ads on websites you visit with your Firefox browser, including Youtube and Facebook, helping you to focus only on the information important to you.
- Anti-Tracking - stops trackers’ ability to collect your personal data, replacing it with random values and anonymizing your identity for data brokers. If you see a need to unblock individual trackers, we developed this option. The reasons are up to you!
- Never-Consent - automatically removes intrusive cookie popups and expresses dissent to online tracking. This unequaled feature adds convenience to each website visit and acts like your privacy advocate towards content providers while using Firefox.
Ghostery delivers the online privacy protection our users have come to know and love while minimising the need for customisation and maintenance.
As Ghostery is more than an ad-blocker, it comes with exceptional additional features, not found in any other ad-blocking extension:
- Trackers information on any website your visit, informing you about the number of trackers, their type, and the company operating them.
- Trackers Preview on search engine result pages - displaying tracker information even before you visit a page. You can safely make the choice to visit it, as Ghostery will stop trackers expecting you on the landing page.
- WhoTracks.Me - Owning and operating the largest database of trackers allows Ghostery to update tracker information fast and reliably for all users.
User reviews summary
- Effective and smooth application
- Great add-on
- Useful for crypto players
- Makes Firefox run slow
- Stops working after system restart
- Stops YouTube from working
- Doesn't block Twitch ads
- Issues with system restart
- Incompatibility with certain websites like YouTube and Twitch
- Questions about data access
Ghostery – Privacy Ad Blocker is not very risky to use and it requires a lot of sensitive permissions. Avoid installing this add-on unless you absolutely trust this publisher.
Ghostery – Privacy Ad Blocker has earned a good reputation and can be trusted.