Display a linked image in a fullsize overlay on mouse hover.
What is hooverZoom?
'hooverZoom' is a lightweight Firefox add-on that aims to enhance the browsing experience on media-rich websites. It pops up a full-size image or video file when a user hovers the mouse over a link, eliminating the need to click. The add-on can dynamically load image content, navigate photo albums with mouse or arrow keys, load MP4 videos to replace animated GIFs, and optionally adds links with shown popups to the browser history. After installing the add-on, users need to refresh the pages for effects to take place.
this add-on intent is to popup a full-size image or video file when you hover the mouse over a link to such, saving you a click. very helpful for media-rich but shallow news / discussion sites such as Reddit.
** when the add-on is first added you will need to refresh any already loaded pages to see effects.
** if you're not seeing as many popups as you'd like try placing a single period '.' into the Scrape List and empty the Scrape List Block boxes on the options page to check every mouseover for media.
- dynamically load image content with specific site handlers
- photo albums, navigation via mouse wheel & arrow keys
- load MP4 video in place of animated GIF when available (smaller, faster)
- add links with shown popups to browser history (optional)
- minimal, small footprint
source : https://github.com/unarj/hooverZoom
User reviews summary
- Works better than alternatives, more customizable.
- Good replacement for the old 'thumbnail zoom plus'.
- Works great on specific sites like Tumblr.
- Some users find it difficult to use.
- Does not work on all sites.
- Some images do not appear in the expected size.
- Does not work with certain features like sound in videos.
- Not functioning in specific browsers like FF Manjoro KDE.
- Does not work on some sites.
- More customizable.
- Hard to use for some users.
hooverZoom is risky to use as it requires a number of sensitive permissions that can potentially harm your browser and steal your data. Exercise caution when installing this add-on. Review carefully before installing. We recommend that you only install hooverZoom if you trust the publisher.
hooverZoom is probably trust-worthy. Prefer other publishers if available. Exercise caution when installing this add-on.