Show image resolution, file type, and file size on mouse over
What is Image Data?
"Image Data" is a versatile Firefox add-on that provides an all-inclusive detail of any image on a webpage, new tab, or even local files. It displays the image's resolution, scaled resolution, file name, type, size, alt text, mime type, domain, pixel total, and modification date. By placing the cursor over an image, the user gets to see all these details promptly. It also includes the option of six position settings and comes with customizable elements via CSS. The add-on can be easily managed through keyboard shortcuts and a toolbar button.
- Display an image's:
- scaled resolution
- file name
- file type
- file size
- alt text
- mime type
- pixel total
- modification date
- Works with images on a webpage, in a new tab, and even local files
- 6 position settings: over, before, or after the image, fixed, follow cursor, or tool tip
- Keyboard shortcuts and toolbar button to easily enable or disable the add-on
- Display of data fully customizable with CSS
User reviews summary
- Works very well and is useful
- Provides handy information, like image resolution, that follows the cursor
- Quick and easy to obtain information on images with the extension
- Interferes with Amazon's images, lacking site exception functionality
- Doesn't allow copying the information to the clipboard directly
- The delay option was initially missing, causing inconvenience
- Extension is very useful and functions well
- Customization options for display of image information
- Requests for new features such as copying to clipboard, EXIF/IPTC data support, and toolbar activation button
Image Data may not be safe to use and it requires some risky permissions. Exercise caution when installing this add-on. Review carefully before installing.
Image Data has earned a fairly good reputation and likely can be trusted.