Allows sharing pages, videos, and images from your browser to KDE Connect devices. This extension relies on a Native Messaging Host to communicate with KDE Connect devices. See https://github.com/pdf/kdeconnect-chrome-extension for installation.
What is KDE Connect?
KDE Connect, a useful Firefox add-on, revolutionizes the way you share data. It allows users to send pages, videos, and images from their browser to devices connected through KDE. This extension needs a Native Messaging Host for connecting with KDE devices. Visit the given GitHub link for an easy installation process.
PLEASE NOTE: As this extension relies on a Native Messaging Host to communicate with KDE Connect devices, you MUST install the native host component for it to function, .see https://github.com/pdf/kdeconnect-chrome-extension for installation details.
User reviews summary
- Working great in KDE Neon
- Excellent extension! It delivers as promised
- Improved my experience on KDE
- doesnt see phone
- Not working on Firefox Windows 10
- Not working with Firefox 114.0.1 on Ubuntu 22.04
- Not working/not detecting phone
- Instructions for installation or upgrade not clear or not working
- Compatibility issues with various operating systems
KDE Connect may not be safe to use and it requires some risky permissions. Exercise caution when installing this add-on. Review carefully before installing.
KDE Connect has earned a fairly good reputation and likely can be trusted.