Move Tab to Next Window
Move tab to next window - tab context menu and button extension
What is Move Tab to Next Window?
Move Tab to Next Window is a Firefox add-on that adds a tab context menu item and a button action to quickly move tabs to the next window. It is especially useful for multi-monitor setups when dragging tabs between windows becomes annoying. The add-on supports saving the source tab position, moving multiple tabs, and keyboard shortcuts. It is open sourced on Github for transparency.
Adds a tab context menu item and a button action to move a tab to the next window.
Especially useful for these amazing multi-monitor setups when it's too annoying to drag tabs around between windows.
Quick feature list
- the source tab position is saved in all windows, so if it's moved back into a window, it moves into its original position
- multiple tabs move - select multiple tabs (use shift or cmd/ctrl) and move all of them into the next window in the same order
- if the tab is active, it will become active in the new window
- if the tab is inactive, it will stay inactive in the new window
- if there is only 1 window, a new window will be opened on move
- keyboard shortcut support
Open sourced on Github for transparency.
Move Tab to Next Window is safe to use. It does not request any sensitive permissions.
Move Tab to Next Window has earned a fairly good reputation and likely can be trusted.