Create a popup of pages with minimal browser UI; No bookmarks or navigation bar.
What is PopUp?
"PopUp" is a lightweight Firefox add-on aimed at enhancing browsing experience by opening pages with minimal browser UI. With PopUp, webpages load in a separate, simplified pop up version that does away with superfluous features like bookmarks and the navigation bar. The add-on also provides access to browser tabs and gives users the option to modify bookmarks for a streamlined browsing experience.
A simple Web Extension for opening a page with minimal browser ui.
Explanation of permissions:
- Access browser tabs ( since v1.3.0 ) Required to get the title of tabs, which is used to fill the list used for restoring a popup to a window.
- Read and modify bookmarks ( since v1.3.3 ) Required to show the context menu item on bookmarks, as well as read the url of the bookmark to open it.
User reviews summary
- Works well on multiple websites
- Simple and user-friendly
- Useful in blocking unwanted ads
- Doesn't work on all websites
- Requires frequent refreshing for it to work
- Creates issues on Discord.
- Efficient in blocking ads
- Not fully effective on all platforms
PopUp may not be safe to use and it requires some risky permissions. Exercise caution when installing this add-on. Review carefully before installing.
PopUp has earned a fairly good reputation and likely can be trusted.