PotPlayer YouTube Shortcut, Open Links
Quickly play or add a Youtube video (playlist), Twitch, direct video links to Potplayer from the context menu or using the buttons on the site and also via middle-click
What is PotPlayer YouTube Shortcut, Open Links?
PotPlayer YouTube Shortcut, Open Links is a Firefox add-on that enables users to play and add YouTube videos, Twitch streams or direct video links swiftly to PotPlayer. It enhances user experience by providing easy access buttons, contextual menus, and middle-click functions. It offers optional features like auto-pause, syncing video positions, and more. For optimal performance, it recommends using the latest version of PotPlayer.
> HOW TO USE IT: You need to install the latest version of PotPlayer to get it working - https://potplayer.daum.net <
PotPlayer is a media player developed for Windows by South Korean Internet company Kakao (formerly Daum Communications). Player can play Youtube videos and videos from any other urls if it's direct video links.
To open a Youtube video (playlist) in PotPlayer you can use the buttons on the site or you can use the menu items from the context menu (the right-click popup bar) on a Youtube link or on the actual Youtube page.
You can also use middle click on a Youtube page or a link to open it directly in the player. In order for that to work, you need to open the extension's preferences and enable the necessary features.
Optional features (disabled by default):
- auto-pause a video in Youtube player;
- pause Youtube player when Potplayer starts;
- play video using middle mouse click on youtube.com/watch* page;
- sync current video position (time) with PotPlayer;
- open a Youtube link in the player using middle mouse click on a link;
- «Open/Add link to player» in the context menu for any link, html5 video player
User reviews summary
- Сonvenient settings and customization options
- The integration of the add-on with PotPlayer is generally appreciated when functioning properly
- The ability to easily open YouTube videos in PotPlayer with different mouse buttons or key combinations
- Problems with newer versions of Firefox where the video URL is missing a colon, causing playback issues
- Issues with videos being added to PotPlayer's playlist under the name 'watch' causing them not to play
- Some users experience problems with settings resetting after restarting the browser
- Issues with recent updates of Firefox leading to improper link grabbing
- Customization of mouse buttons and key combinations for opening videos
- The need for updates or troubleshooting information from the developer to address issues
PotPlayer YouTube Shortcut, Open Links is risky to use as it requires a number of sensitive permissions that can potentially harm your browser and steal your data. Exercise caution when installing this add-on. Review carefully before installing. We recommend that you only install PotPlayer YouTube Shortcut, Open Links if you trust the publisher.
PotPlayer YouTube Shortcut, Open Links is probably trust-worthy. Prefer other publishers if available. Exercise caution when installing this add-on.