Printable – The Print Doctor
Tweak style rules in a page to improve printability. Save as PDF for Windows and Linux.
What is Printable – The Print Doctor?
'Printable – The Print Doctor' is a Firefox extension designed to modify a page's style rules for improved printability. It offers various commands to override unbreakable display types, hide hidden elements, and ensure text remains searchable when printed as PDF. Ensure to save the original page to avoid any potential loss during the process.
This extension modifies the page when you use the Override buttons. If you cannot afford to lose the original page, you probably shouldn't use this extension. Try taking a screenshot if the page doesn't print well.
If Firefox does not insert page breaks correctly, try the first button, "Override unbreakable display types." Sometimes this command will make hidden elements print. To block them, hover over those unwanted sidebars, footers, etc. until a dashed green outline appears and click Hide in the floating tweak panel.
If you are printing to PDF and want searchable text instead of an image, try the third button, "Override unusual/downloadable fonts."
A bit more info here: https://www.jeffersonscher.com/ext/printable.html
Let me know how it works for you.
User reviews summary
- Helps generate PDFs from websites with selectable text
- Solves the problem of printing to PDF where text is saved as image
- Provides a solution for page break issues
- Has an option to print with basic fonts
- Add-on doesn't allow saving long web pages into a single PDF
- Layout adjustments may still be needed
- Some functions may not work properly or as expected
- Good for saving/printing as PDF
- Fixes common printing problems
- Can alter the website layout
Printable – The Print Doctor is safe to use. It does not request any sensitive permissions.
Printable – The Print Doctor has earned a fairly good reputation and likely can be trusted.