Client-side of the Privacy Pass protocol providing unlinkable cryptographic tokens.
What is Privacy Pass?
Privacy Pass is a Firefox extension that generates unlinkable cryptographic tokens for websites supporting the Privacy Pass protocol, like Cloudflare-protected sites. These tokens let you bypass CAPTCHA verifications, saving you time. Click the extension to open a provider's page, solve the CAPTCHA, and acquire tokens. Use tokens automatically when a CAPTCHA appears and refill when needed by solving new CAPTCHA.
This extension provides unlinkable cryptographic tokens for websites that support the Privacy Pass protocol. For example, these tokens can be used on Cloudflare-protected websites to redeem a token instead of solving a CAPTCHA.
How it works?
Privacy Pass Providers: Cloudflare and hCaptcha
- Click on the extension icon, and click on top of one of the providers.
- One page will open with a CAPTCHA to be solved.
- Solve successfully the CAPTCHA and the extenison will get some tokens.
- When a page shows a CAPTCHA from one of the providers,
- if the extension has tokens, the browser uses a token to pass the provider's challenge without any interaction.
- Otherwise, the user must solve the CAPTCHA, which grants some tokens for future use.
User reviews summary
- Reduces number of captchas for some users
- Easy to set up
- Doesn't function correctly or at all for some users
- Issues with storing passes in localStorage
- Difficulties with Tor browser
- No functionality for import/export
- Limited to 5 hCaptcha passes per completion
- Poor performance on websites, including Discord
- Issues with Cloudflare
- Problems with hCaptcha
- Difficulties with localStorage
- Failure to work properly in Tor browser
- Lack of import/export features
Privacy Pass is risky to use as it requires a number of sensitive permissions that can potentially harm your browser and steal your data. Exercise caution when installing this add-on. Review carefully before installing. We recommend that you only install Privacy Pass if you trust the publisher.
Privacy Pass is probably trust-worthy. Prefer other publishers if available. Exercise caution when installing this add-on.