Powerful command-line calculator. Converts numbers between different number bases (Hex, Dec, Oct, Bin, Exp) and way more.
What is Programmer's Calculator?
Programmer's Calculator is a Firefox add-on that provides a powerful command-line calculator. It allows users to convert numbers between different number bases and offers additional functions such as web color conversion and graph plotting.
Powerful command-line calculator. Converts numbers between different number bases (Hex, Dec, Oct, Bin, Exp) and way more. It's easy, powerful and extremely convenient. Give it a try! Let me know if you want other functions added.
- Command line where any combination of digits, functions, units can be entered. Calculator will analyze the expression and show result in all supported number basis. Special commands include 'help' (shows detailed function description), 'clear' (clears history), 'ts' (converts UNIX timestamp to human time), 'color' (performs web color conversion), 'diff' (calculates the difference in between two dates) and 'age' (calculates age in various units).
- Converts numbers between different number bases (Hex, Dec, Oct, Bin, Exp).
- Expression parser by math.js. There are hundreds of functions, press F1 for help.
- Web color conversion supported by chroma.js.
- Graph plotter supported by dygraphs.
- Recently used expressions stored into history. History can be reviewed by clicking on history button or by pressing Ctrl+Down.
- Click on 'Expr' or 'Res' labels copies expression or result to clipboard. Hold Ctrl for copy non-formatted result.
- Calculator can be activated by pressing Ctrl+Shift+6. Keyboard shortcut can be changed in preferences.
- Integration with context menu - calculator can be opened with selected text.
You can contribute by helping translate Programmer's Calculator on Crowdin.
Programmer's Calculator is relatively safe to use as it requires very minimum permissions.
Programmer's Calculator has earned a fairly good reputation and likely can be trusted.