Removes garbage like "utm_source" from URLs
What is Pure URL?
'Pure URL' is a Firefox add-on designed to remove extraneous and potentially harmful fields such as 'utm_source', 'yclid', and 'fb_action_ids' from URLs. These fields are often used by sites like Google Analytics, Yandex Metrika, and Facebook for tracking and are not necessary for the functioning of the webpage. By removing these, Pure URL helps ensure a safer, cleaner browsing experience.
This add-on automatically removes all garbage like "utm_source=*" from URLs. These fields are provided for the Google Analytics and they are not a necessity.
Example of URL with garbage fields:
http://bigpicture.ru/?p=431513&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+bigpictures+%28%D0%9D%D0%9E%D0%92%D0%9E%D0%A1%D0%A2%D0%98+%D0%92+%D0%A4%D0%9E%D0%A2%D0%9E%D0%93%D0%A0%D0%90%D0%A4%D0%98%D0%AF%D0%A5%29Pure URL: analytics.google.com) — yclid (spyware fields for the metrika.yandex.ru) — fb_action_ids, fb_action_types, fb_ref, fb_source, action_object_map, action_type_map, action_ref_map (spyware fields from the facebook.com)
User reviews summary
- Removes unnecessary parameters from URLs
- Works on YouTube
- Works on Firefox for Android
- Does not stop the Facebook suffix
- Does not filter more than main_frame requests which is not good for privacy
- Parameters cannot be configured
- Does not support URL shorteners like t.co
- Does not have re-directing, skipping, etc. functions
- Removes unnecessary URL parameters
- Does not support some features and has limited settings
- Appreciation towards the developers
- Query about add-on features
Pure URL is risky to use as it requires a number of sensitive permissions that can potentially harm your browser and steal your data. Exercise caution when installing this add-on. Review carefully before installing. We recommend that you only install Pure URL if you trust the publisher.
Pure URL has earned a fairly good reputation and likely can be trusted.