Redirect Blocker protects your privacy and speeds up loading times, by removing tracking redirections from your browsing. You will access the destination sites directly without going through unnecessary intermediate urls.
What is Redirect Blocker?
'Redirect Blocker' is a Firefox extension that efficiently eradicates site redirections set up for monetization, tracking, or statistics. This add-on enhances your browsing experience by ensuring quicker page loads and stronger privacy protection. It deciphers URLs locally or via its unique data engine, offers a learning mode for tackling suspicious redirections, and features a whitelist option. It works in conjunction with AdBlockers for optimum results.
Redirect Blocker removes the redirections that sites set up to track you, monetize their links, or for their statistics. With Redirect Blocker, the protection of your privacy is improved as well as the time it takes to load pages.
Redirect Blocker is recommended in addition to AdBlockers. AdBlock Plus, uBlock Origin, AdGuard, Ghostery... don't process redirections or will block you without the possibility of avoiding tracking. Redirect Blocker will transparently bypass these links to take you directly to the destination page.
- Social networks: Facebook, Pinterest....
- Search engines: Baidu, Yahoo....
- Reductions/deals sites: raddins, dealabs ...
- Advertising and affiliation agencies: doubleclick googleadservices, effiliation... Many other sites are being added as we go along.
Mode of operation
- Url decryption: Redirect Blocker will decrypt the url locally if the destination site is visible, or via its data engine when the destination is hidden.
- Learning: When a suspicious site performs unwanted redirections, Redirect Blocker detects and analyzes it to eventually remove the redirection. You can also report sites by contacting us by email.
Redirect Blocker is risky to use as it requires a number of sensitive permissions that can potentially harm your browser and steal your data. Exercise caution when installing this add-on. Review carefully before installing. We recommend that you only install Redirect Blocker if you trust the publisher.
Redirect Blocker has earned a fairly good reputation and likely can be trusted.