Remove anything (objects or selected text) from any page via the right-click menu. This is intended to be a WebExtensions alternative to "Nuke Anything Enhanced." Almost all of its features are supported, and the undo/redo system has been improved.
What is Remove Anything?
"Remove Anything" is a Firefox add-on developed as a WebExtensions alternative to 'Nuke Anything Enhanced'. Although it is no longer maintained, it allows users to easily remove any object or selected text from any webpage, providing a solution to remove wasted screen space, full-screen overlays, popups, or even individual ads. It also includes an undo/redo system that resets with each page refresh.
THIS ADD-ON IS NO LONGER MAINTAINED; SEE BELOW:
I wrote this simple add-on as a WebExtensions alternative to "Nuke Anything Enhanced," back in late 2017 when Firefox was in the process of dropping support for other extension types. At the time, it was unclear whether NAE was going to be ported or not; however, it did get updated not long after I released this. Accordingly, I don't plan to maintain this add-on anymore, and you should really use NAE instead of this one: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/nuke-anything-enhanced/ . (I'm not affiliated with its developers in any way.)
Original description follows:
Remove anything from any webpage!
This add-on allows you to remove any object or selected text from any page by right-clicking on it or by hitting Alt+Shift+R while hovering over it. Here are some ways this can be useful:
- You can remove header bars that stay at the top of the screen when you scroll and waste your screen space.
- You can remove full-screen overlays that require you to register on the website you're trying to look at*.
- You can remove popups that appear in the corner of the screen and ask you to take a survey.
- You can remove individual ads if you're not keen on using an ad blocker.
User reviews summary
- Removes obtrusive overlays and annoying sliders
- Clean and curated platform
- Works more reliably than some other extensions
- Removes unwanted materials
- Useful for creating a proper reading experience
- Does not have memory of what was previously removed
- Does not highlight the object it's offering to remove
- Does not give option to add objects to personal list
- Hotkey does not work on all sites
- Needs personal information agreement before installation
- Removal of objects is not permanent
- Feature for removing same object in entire URL is missing
- Could be improved if it were more like 'Remove It Permanently'
- Would like the ability to remove an element site wide
Remove Anything is risky to use as it requires a number of sensitive permissions that can potentially harm your browser and steal your data. Exercise caution when installing this add-on. Review carefully before installing. We recommend that you only install Remove Anything if you trust the publisher.
Remove Anything has earned a fairly good reputation and likely can be trusted.