Plain Text or Regular Expression Find and Replace Text on Web Pages
What is Replace?
"Replace" is a Firefox extension that allows you to Find & Replace text on web pages. It supports both plain text and Regular Expression. Added features include replacing in textarea & editable elements, and an easily accessible help guide. This add-on promises no tracking, advertising, or privacy infringement.
Replace is a tiny multi-process extension to Find & Replace text on web pages using plain text or Regular Expression. I made the addon because of a request and will add more features if needed.
Note: None of my extensions contain any tracking, advertising or privacy infringement.
- Plain Text Find & Replace
- Regular Expression Find & Replace
- Replace in textarea & editable Elements (v1.1)
- Help Guide
- Display notifications to you: Used to inform users
- Access your data for all websites: Needed to replace text in some iframes
User reviews summary
- Helpful for editing large chunks of text
- Very handy tool for massive editing
- Optimized for specifically the 'replace' functionality
- Issues with the final character of the search not being processed until focus changes or addition of an extra character
- Fails to find anything on any page
- Inefficiencies when handling escaping characters
- Latest update adds the change twice
- Issues with searching and replacing text
- Useful for editing large chunks of text
- Problems arising from the latest update
Replace is relatively safe to use as it requires very minimum permissions.
Replace is probably trust-worthy. Prefer other publishers if available. Exercise caution when installing this add-on.