Intercept HTTP and HTTPS Requests. Add custom rules to modify request/response headers, block/redirect requests, modify query params. Example Usage: This extension can be used to block all ads having url (*/ad.x.com/*) by creating rules
What is Request Interceptor?
'Request Interceptor' is a powerful Firefox add-on that gives users control over their browsing experience by intercepting HTTP and HTTPS web requests. It not only allows users to redirect or block unnecessary requests but also to throttle the responses of static resources. Further, it offers customization options to add, modify, or delete request/response headers, along with the possibility to manipulate query parameters. An excellent tool for a customized web interaction.
Use this extension to
- redirect/block requests
- throttle response of static resources
- add/modify/delete request/response headers
- add/modify/delete query parameters
User reviews summary
- Effective for managing requests, creating controlled data scenarios
- Useful for testing feature flag behaviour when key APIs fail in a web application
- Option to partially replace URLs
- Lack of clear instructions on plugin use and enablement
- Opens settings tab each time Firefox is opened
- Has issues with auto responding and modifying request body
- Does not work on locally hosted webapps
- Throttling on localhost doesn't work
- Lack of clear instructions/tutorials
- Interface could be more user-friendly
- Issues with locally hosted webapps
Request Interceptor is risky to use as it requires a number of sensitive permissions that can potentially harm your browser and steal your data. Exercise caution when installing this add-on. Review carefully before installing. We recommend that you only install Request Interceptor if you trust the publisher.
Request Interceptor is probably trust-worthy. Prefer other publishers if available. Exercise caution when installing this add-on.