RunMyCode Online is a free and open-source tool to compile and run code online, directly from Github, Gitlab, Bitbucket, and GoByExample.
What is RunMyCode Online?
RunMyCode Online is a Firefox add-on that allows users to compile and run code online. It supports various programming languages and can be seamlessly integrated with Github, Gitlab, Bitbucket, and GoByExample.
RunMyCode Online is a free and open-source tool to compile and run code online directly from Github, Gitlab, Bitbucket, and GoByExample.
Introduction video on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0m6diPI1Gs
- Java 8
- Nodejs 6
- Python 2
- Python 3
- Ruby 2.2
- PHP 7
How to Use (Video Walkthrough)
- Install the extension.
- On extension install, RunMyCode Online will open in a new tab and prompt you to authenticate to get a key.
- On authenticating with any the of providers, you will be redirected to dashboard page and extension will be auto-configured with your key.
- Now you can go to any supported language code page on Github or Gitlab and you will see a colored Run button added to left of usual action buttons (see screenshot). For example, you can test the extension with this Ruby code on Github
- Clicking that Run button will open a runner where you can input any command line args and then press the big orange Run button to run the code on the page.
- You can also edit the code using the web editor on Github or Gitlab and make it run through the same Run button as above.
- Github Gist
- Gitlab Snippets
- Bitbucket Snippets
- Go by Example
- Learn To Solve It
- Tutorials Point
Starting with v2, RMCO only asks permission for GitHub by default. All other websites are optional and can be allowed on demand. (Check your URL bar for a blue RMCO icon on supported sites)
- Optional permission for the above supported websites to allow extension to run code directly from there.
- runmycode.online - To auto-configure the extension.
- api.runmycode.online - To run code from the extension.
- tabs - For detecting url change and page loading complete for single page apps like Github, Bitbucket.
- storage - To store API URL and Key.
RunMyCode Online is risky to use as it requires a number of sensitive permissions that can potentially harm your browser and steal your data. Exercise caution when installing this add-on. Review carefully before installing. We recommend that you only install RunMyCode Online if you trust the publisher.
RunMyCode Online has earned a fairly good reputation and likely can be trusted.