Download Manager (S3)
View and manage downloads from a tidy status bar.
What is Download Manager (S3)?
Download Manager (S3) is a versatile tool that enhances the standard download utilities of the Firefox browser. This add-on provides a customizable interface that offers full control to the user and features like download progress display, completed downloads count, image preview, and more. It also supports hotkeys for easy access and has certain limitations due to web extensions.
- history See more
What is Download Manager (S3)? Despite its compact size, Download Manager (S3) packs in a bunch of useful features that standard download utilities don’t provide. Its fully customizable interface automatically disappears when not in use - giving you full control without interruption.
- Displays download progress, time remaining, full file path, URL, etc.
- Hides status bar when all downloads are complete
- Position buttons in the download bar where you prefer
- Ability to show only the number of completed downloads
- Preview image files
- Can pause, cancel, resume, or re-try single and group downloads
- Replace Downloads Library page - you have full control of your download history
- Change the text and tooltip sizes
- Has a Queue mode
- Shows «Download complete» notification
- Ctrl + J = open Download History page
- Ctrl + Shift + Z = show/hide Download Bar
- Ctrl + Shift + Backspace = clear the last downloaded item
- Ctrl + Shift + Insert = undo last clear
- Ctrl + Shift + Enter = open the last downloaded item
- Alt + Shift + Enter = show the last downloaded item
- Download Bar not displayed on some sites from mozilla.org and google.com
- Download Bar not displayed on sites that do not have pages, for example error 404 (page not found)
- Download Bar not displayed on internal Firefox and GoogleChrome pages, for example about:addons , about:config , chrome://extensions/ , chrome://settings/ , etc.
- Download Bar not displayed on the extensions pages "moz-extension://...." , "chrome-extension://...."
============ You also can use Download Manager (S3) for Google Chrome: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/download-manager-s3/ngmcjenopiialholjggicgplegmcmjda
User reviews summary
- Some users find it a preferred extension
- Handles download management
- Has a queue feature
- Some users find it good
- Has a unique non-modern appearance
- Causes browser to become slow and freezes
- Frequent and annoying updates
- Memory leak causing browser to consume large memory
- Broken queue feature
- Downloads all files at once instead of one at a time
- Lack of many useful settings
- Non-functional 'disable automatic updates' feature
- Causes instability in browser after updating
- No recent updates
- Breaks some websites
- Checksum does not work
- Slow and freezing browser
- Unstable browser after updating
- Broken queue feature
- Frequent updates
- Memory consumption
- Lack of updates
Download Manager (S3) is not very risky to use and it requires a lot of sensitive permissions. Avoid installing this add-on unless you absolutely trust this publisher.
Download Manager (S3) has earned a good reputation and can be trusted.