Color Temperature (Change Lux)
An easy to use screen color temperature addon!
What is Color Temperature (Change Lux)?
Color Temperature (Change Lux) is a Firefox add-on that acts as a sunglass for your computer screen. It adjusts the color temperature of the screen, adding a warm hue which is easier on eyes especially during night or in a dark environment. The functions are easily accessible via a toolbar panel UI and include an ON|OFF switch for quick enable/disable. You can whitelist certain sites to exclude them from color change, which can be facilitated using addon shortcuts. Adjust your settings via the options page, for a comfortable browsing experience, reduced blue light exposure and better sleep.
Screen Color Temperature protects your eyes by adding a warm color to websites (i.e. at night time or when the ambient is dark). This addon acts as a sun glass; using this addon, you can avoid excessive blue light and also it makes you sleep much better by protecting you from the blue glow of your computer screen.
- Easily change the color temperature of your screen from cool to warm colors (fitted for day or night time).
- Toolbar panel UI has required tools to adjust the color temperature.
- There is also an ON|OFF switch to easily switch the addon ON or OFF.
- This addon applies color temperature to all websites, but you can add desired site(s) to a whitelist table to exclude them from color changing.
- There are also some keyboard shortcuts to enhance adding websites to the whitelist table.
- Options page for this addon has several settings to adjust.
Note 1: support page for this addon contains Google Analytic. Terms of service can be found at https://www.google.com/analytics/terms/
Note 2: in order to report bugs, please fill the bug report form in the addon's homepage.
User reviews summary
- Easy to use
- Works on all websites
- Ability to adjust color and brightness
- Option to cut blue light
- Extension really improves user experience
- Lack of preset choices
- Absence of backup for page preferences
- No feature to restore default color
- Text darkness adjustment not available
- No timed enabling feature
- Brightness and color adjustment
- Ease of use
- Need for additional features like presets or timed enabling
- Overall effectiveness
- Useful for eye protection
Color Temperature (Change Lux) is risky to use as it requires a number of sensitive permissions that can potentially harm your browser and steal your data. Exercise caution when installing this add-on. Review carefully before installing. We recommend that you only install Color Temperature (Change Lux) if you trust the publisher.
Color Temperature (Change Lux) has earned a fairly good reputation and likely can be trusted.