Send Note to Device
Do you use "Send Tab to Device" feature? This is similar, but you can also send a text message with your tab. You will also see the history or received and send messages. Powered by "Firefox Sync" engine!
What is Send Note to Device?
Send Note to Device is a Firefox add-on that enables you to send the current URL with a text message between your Firefox browsers. It is powered by the Firefox Sync engine and allows you to easily synchronize and send notes across your devices.
Send Note to Device allows you to send current URL with text message between your Firefox browsers.
In order to use this add-on you need:
- Firefox Sync feature - just login to your Firefox account
- enable "Add-ons" synchronization - in the Firefox Options page ("about:preferences#sync") on the "Sync" tab check "Add-ons" checkbox
WARNING: NO ANDROID! - due to missing "Firefox Sync - addons" feature in "Firefox for Android", this addon cannot work on Android. In the future, I will build custom synchronization service that will allow synchronization between all devices and browsers.
- Send link with message! - do you use "Send Tab to Device" feature? This is similar, but you can include a note with the link!
- End to End encryption - all transferred data are encrypted thanks to Firefox Sync
- No need to create additional account - Firefox Sync will handle everything
- Inbox - history of last 100 received notes
- Outbox - history of last 100 send notes
- No Ads!
Limitations of Firefox Sync engine:
- No Android! Firefox Sync cannot synchronize addons data on Android :(
- Firefox Sync can handle only 100KB of data - if you try to send VERY long note or many long notes to many devices, it may run out of space and fail. However, when device receives a note, it's removed from Firefox Sync to free up space.
- No instant messages - sending messages may take some time (it depends on Firefox Sync, usually it takes several minutes) - to trigger synchronization manually, click "Sync Now" in the "Firefox Account" toolbar icon
- Synchronization conflicts - message can get lost if devices are not synchronized in time. However this should be really rare in real life.
Send Note to Device is safe to use. It does not request any sensitive permissions.
Send Note to Device is probably trust-worthy. Prefer other publishers if available. Exercise caution when installing this add-on.