Change a page's text, background, and link colors to your liking.
What is Color Changer?
"Color Changer" is a handy Firefox extension designed to modify the text, link, and background colors of any webpage to suit user preferences. Offering a live preview and memory function, it supports customization for improved readability. However, it may not be suitable for universal application across all sites. The add-on also includes a reset function to revert to original settings and does not employ Google Analytics. Users can also check its source code on GitHub.
Summary: Some sites have good information, but don't always choose the best colors for text, background, and links. With this extension, you can change a page's colors to make it more readable.
This extension isn't meant to be used as a global theme for the web and will not work well on all sites. In cases where it doesn't work, you could try creating a custom theme for that site with the Stylish extension.
How to use: When you first install the extension, please refresh any tabs you have open so that the CSS styles from the extension are loaded on the page.
- Click the Text, Background, or Link Color button. A border will appear around the button letting you know it's active.
- Choose a color on the color wheel to change the color. You can see your changes live.
- Now whenever you want to change the colors on a page, just click Change Colors. You can also change colors via a right-click context menu.
The extension will remember hosts where you changed colors so you don't have to click it again.
The Reset button at the bottom will reset the extension to default settings and resets all pages that were changed.
User reviews summary
- Easy to use
- Helps reduce eye strain
- Able to change background and text color
- Not resource intensive
- Remembers website pages
- Lack of advanced color customization
- Interference with images and graphics on web pages
- Interface not fitting properly in control panel
- Non-intuitive interface
- Issues with link colors
- Change in color
- Ease of use
- Interface/Control panel issues
- Desire for more advanced color customization
- Effects on images/graphics
Color Changer is risky to use as it requires a number of sensitive permissions that can potentially harm your browser and steal your data. Exercise caution when installing this add-on. Review carefully before installing. We recommend that you only install Color Changer if you trust the publisher.
Color Changer is probably trust-worthy. Prefer other publishers if available. Exercise caution when installing this add-on.