Sleep Mode will temporarily put all tabs to sleep mode for saving RAM memory, saving battery and make your computer/laptop faster.
What is Sleep Mode?
'Sleep Mode' is a Firefox add-on that puts your inactive tabs to sleep. This saves precious RAM memory, increases battery longevity, and increases the speed of your computer or laptop. Despite putting inactive tabs to sleep, your working tab remains active and responsive. As soon as you switch tabs, the new tab wakes up, and the previous one goes to sleep, ensuring non-disruptive productivity. Opening a sleeping tab wakes it up instantaneously. The extension allows settings to ignore pinned tabs, tabs with audio playback, Google Docs and Office Online tabs. An automatic sleep timer can also be set.
Sleep Mode will temporarily put all tabs to sleep mode for saving RAM memory, saving BATTERY and make your computer/laptop FASTER.
But it still keep current working tab in normal mode. You still able to continue to work on this tab.
When you switch to other tab, this tab will be woke up to normal mode and previous tab will immediately set to sleep mode. Does not interrupt your work.
When open a sleeping tab, immediately it will be woke up to ready for working.
- Saving RAM memory
- Saving BATTERY
- Make your computer/laptop FASTER
- Allow setting (still alpha version)
- Ignore pinned tabs
- Ignore tabs with audio playback (Youtube, ...)
- Ignore Google Docs and Office Online Tabs
User reviews summary
- Helps in reducing RAM and CPU usage.
- Saves energy, beneficial for battery life.
- Allows large number of tabs to be open with less impact on performance.
- Causes issues with Firefox crashing on Linux systems.
- Affects functionality of hyperlinks with open-in-new-tab option.
- Disabling the addon triggers reloading of all tabs and issues with customization of sleep timer.
- Reduction in memory and CPU usage.
- Bug causing Firefox to crash on Linux.
Sleep Mode is risky to use as it requires a number of sensitive permissions that can potentially harm your browser and steal your data. Exercise caution when installing this add-on. Review carefully before installing. We recommend that you only install Sleep Mode if you trust the publisher.
Sleep Mode has earned a fairly good reputation and likely can be trusted.