SpotifyTree is an extension that provides full access to playlists and saved albums in a tree view and controls the Spotify Web Player through a quick and easy popup player.
What is SpotifyTree?
SpotifyTree is a Firefox add-on by Andrey Shemetov. This add-on has 85 daily active users and a good user rating of 4.71. The latest version, 3.7, was updated 3 months ago.
By: Andrey Shemetov
Rating: 4.71 (17)
Version: 3.7 (Last updated: 2023-01-06)
Creation date: 2018-05-28
Weekly download count: 16
Firefox on Android: No
Manifest version: 2
Risk impact: High risk impact
Risk likelihood: Moderate risk likelihood
Found a bug?
Description: SpotifyTree is an extension that provides full access to playlists and saved albums in a tree view and controls the Spotify Web Player through a quick and easy popup player. There is no need to switch to the Spotify Web Player page, so your browsing experience remains uninterrupted. It's easy and extremely convenient. Give it a try! Let me know if you want other functions added. Note: extension needs to be authorized by Spotify. At first start there will be a prompt to a webpage where you can choose to grant your access. This is one-time step and access can be revoked anytime using your Spotify account. In addition, Spotify Web Player changes from time to time, that cause extension to stop working; please upgrade to the last version if you experiencing such issues. Functions:
- Shows playlists in a tree view (playlists folders supported) and allows to play them with one click. Featured playlists (prepared for you by Spotify) can be shown as well.
- Shows saved albums sorted by artist in a tree view and allows to play them with one click.
- Playlists and saved albums can be auto played.
- Play random song based on the songs from saved albums.
- Quick and easy popup player that controls the Spotify Web Player.
- Icon's tooltip shows name of currently playing song and artist.
- Supports basic keyboard shortcuts for previous(Ctrl+Shift+Left), play\pause(Ctrl+Shift+Down), next(Ctrl+Shift+Right). All shortcuts can be changed in the preferences.
- Shows playback info (song\artist) on track change (can be enabled\disabled in the preferences). Playback info can be shown at any time using Ctrl+Shift-Up keyboard shortcut.
- In all cases there is no need to switch to the Spotify Web Player page, so your browsing experience remains uninterrupted.
- Especially helpful if you have dozens of playlists and saved albums.
- Spotify Web Player improvements: show track numbers, show total playlist or album time, show artist details and album details in the tooltip.
SpotifyTree requires a number of risky permissions that can potentially harm your browser and steal your data. Exercise caution when installing this add-on. Review carefully before installing. We recommend that you only install SpotifyTree if you trust the publisher.
Subscribe to the premium plan to see more risk analysis details
SpotifyTree is probably trust-worthy. Prefer other publishers if available. Exercise caution when installing this add-on.