SuperStop adds a Shift+Esc shortcut and toolbar button that stops background requests and animations even when the Firefox Stop button is disabled.
What is SuperStop?
SuperStop is a Firefox extension that enhances your browsing experience by providing a powerful and quick tool to stop all background requests and animations. It adds a (configurable) Shift+Esc shortcut and a toolbar button that interrupt active WebSocket connections, JS timers, XMLHttpRequests, animated images, and videos, irrespective of the Firefox Stop button's state. Simplify your browsing with SuperStop.
SuperStop is very simple: it adds a Shift+Esc shortcut (configurable) and a toolbar button that stop active WebSocket connections, JS timers, XMLHttpRequests, and any animated images and videos, regardless of the state of the Firefox Stop button.
User reviews summary
- Was a very effective tool against annoying animations/GIFs
- Allowed users to easily bind the stopping function to a key sequence, such as the Esc key
- Some users find it much needed and a productivity enhancer
- Has currently stopped working in recent versions of Firefox
- Doesn't always work on every website
- Not automatic, users have to manually trigger it on each website
- Stopped working in newer versions of Firefox
- Unable to stop GIFs or animations
- Useful for stopping unwanted animations or autoplaying content
SuperStop is risky to use as it requires a number of sensitive permissions that can potentially harm your browser and steal your data. Exercise caution when installing this add-on. Review carefully before installing. We recommend that you only install SuperStop if you trust the publisher.
SuperStop has earned a fairly good reputation and likely can be trusted.