Text Encryption Tool
Encrypt and decrypt textual data using SHA-256 Hash algorithm
What is Text Encryption Tool?
Text Encryption Tool is a Firefox add-on that allows you to encrypt and decrypt textual data using the SHA-256 Hash algorithm. With this tool, you can securely encrypt your passwords while sending emails, privately archive important data, or send sensitive information to another machine. The extension works offline, ensuring your privacy is protected.
This extension adds a few items to the right-click context menu over text selections. You can:
- Encrypt selected text to the clipboard
- Encrypt selected text and store it in the synced storage
- Encrypt selected text and replace the original content
- Decrypt an encrypted text and save it to the clipboard
- Decrypt an encrypted text and replace the original content
- The extension uses your passphrase as a newly generated SHA-256 private key and a random public key to encrypt or decrypt the textual content.
- There is no way to decrypt the encrypted text if the passphrase is forgotten. To protect user privacy the extension does NOT store your passphrases.
- Encrypt your passwords while sending an email
Text Encryption Tool is relatively safe to use as it requires very minimum permissions.
Text Encryption Tool has earned a fairly good reputation and likely can be trusted.