Translate Selected Text
Translate selected text without opening a new tab.
What is Translate Selected Text?
Translate Selected Text is a Firefox addon that enables users to translate any selected text in a web page without needing to open a new tab. Users can choose the destination language and click on the extension menu item to get the translation in a simple and intuitive interface. Please note the addon does not work on restricted pages like addons.mozilla.org.
- Choose the destination language in the options page.
- Select text in a web page and click on the extension menu item to translate it.
- Click outside the translated text panel to make it disappear.
- You can move the translated text panel by dragging the gray header.
User reviews summary
- Easy to use
- Quick translation
- Useful for daily multi-language use
- Not requiring access to all data on site
- Lack of user-friendly features such as shortcut key combination, button selection
- Inability to translate popup text
- Lack of fixed translation window
- Ease of use
- Need for additional features like shortcut keys, pop-up button, and fixed translation window
Translate Selected Text is safe to use. It does not request any sensitive permissions.
Translate Selected Text has earned a fairly good reputation and likely can be trusted.