Userscript support for browsers, open source.
What is Violentmonkey?
Violentmonkey is a versatile add-on designed for Firefox. It extends userscript support to browsers with WebExtensions support and readily accommodates scripts popular with Greasemonkey and Tampermonkey. Feature-packed, it offers automatic script updates, ensures scripts are executed in their order on the list, supports GM functions, allows import /export to a zip file and syncs to Dropbox and OneDrive. It's open-source and offers a frequently updated beta version.
Violentmonkey provides userscripts support for browsers. It works on browsers with WebExtensions support. It supports most scripts for Greasemonkey and Tampermonkey. Features:
- Update automatically according to the meta data.
- Scripts will be executed in order as shown in the list.
- GM functions are supported.
- Support import from and export to a zip file.
- Sync to Dropbox and OneDrive!
- Open source!
- A frequently updated beta version (click the xpi file inside Assets and confirm).
User reviews summary
- Open source
- Compatibility with userscripts
- Easy to use/import scripts
- Lightweight and fast
- Actively maintained
- Slightly less compatible than Tampermonkey
- Greasemonkey hasn't been updated in years
- Open source
- Maintained/up to date
- Switch from other userscript managers
- Easy to use
Violentmonkey is risky to use as it requires a number of sensitive permissions that can potentially harm your browser and steal your data. Exercise caution when installing this add-on. Review carefully before installing. We recommend that you only install Violentmonkey if you trust the publisher.
Violentmonkey is probably trust-worthy. Prefer other publishers if available. Exercise caution when installing this add-on.