Allows you to manage and save tabs
What is Tab Saver?
'Tab Saver' is a Firefox extension designed to efficiently manage your browser tabs. With Tab Saver, you can effortlessly save the tabs on your current window to reopen at a later time. However, there are some concessions - Firefox's WebExtension API restricts opening privileged URLs directly. Thus, certain URLs, like chrome:, about:, file:///, etc., will open as placeholder pages instead, prompting you to manually copy the link and paste it into the location bar.
WebExtension to manage your tabs. With this extension you can save tabs in current window and open them later.
Caveats Current state of Firefox WebExtension Api restricts opening of privileged urls (such as file:///, chrome:, about:, etc..) so placeholder page will be opened where you can copy link to clipboard and manually paste it into the location bar. Sad.
User reviews summary
- Saves time and keeps PC cooler
- Simple and clean user interface
- Compatibility with newer versions of firefox
- Ability to save and restore tabs
- Allows transfer of open tabs between browser versions
- Importing issue
- Issues reported on Github remained unaddressed by the developer
- Had to reinstall after it did not work the first time
- Problem with 'Remove Tabset' button
- Lack of automatic saving/deleting sessions
- Saves tabs in sets/groups
- Incompatibilities with other add-ons
- UI and Icon visibility with different themes
- Loses functions such as 'Tab Mix Plus' in Firefox 57
- Possibility to remove urls from group
Tab Saver may not be safe to use and it requires some risky permissions. Exercise caution when installing this add-on. Review carefully before installing.
Tab Saver has earned a fairly good reputation and likely can be trusted.