Easy Screenshot - a Web Clipper
Easy Screenshot is an easy-to-use visual part, the entire page, or a selective screen capturing tool.
What is Easy Screenshot - a Web Clipper?
Easy Screenshot - a Web Clipper is an easy-to-use Firefox add-on that allows you to capture and save screenshots of web pages. With just two clicks, you can capture the entire page, a visual part, or a selective screen. The captured screenshots are saved in PNG format and can be downloaded or copied to the clipboard for easy sharing or editing.
This is a simple yet powerful tool to take screenshots from the active tab with just two clicks. You can take a screenshot from a portion of the page, the visual viewport, or even the entire page even if the page has vertical and horizontal scroll bars, and save the resulted image into the default download directory or save it to the clipboard. This extension adds a toolbar button to the browser action area. Clicking on this button opens a popup window that contains three options. "Capture Entire Screen", "Capture Visual Part", and "Capture a Portion". These items are also added to the right-click context menu of the page for easy access.
Note that if the page size is bigger than your window size and the "Capture Entire Screen" option is selected, the extension needs to scroll the entire page to capture different parts and merge these parts to generate a single image from the entire page. Also, note that the resolution of the taken image depends on the screen resolution. For instance, if you have a 4K display (like Retina displays), the image resolution is at least four times better than a normal display.
To have a compatible image, this extension stores all the captured screenshots in PNG format. This format is best supported by various devices.
User reviews summary
- Captures entire screens including scrolling
- Doesn't require sending data to external sites for processing
- Easy to use with context menu integration
- Automatically saves images with timestamps
- Good image quality with PNG format
- Lacks keyboard shortcuts for taking screenshots
- Can fail to correctly capture specified regions
- Issues capturing long or zoomed-in pages
- Limited to save location (downloads folder) with no direct desktop save option
- Minimal features compared to some other screenshot tools
- No keyboard shortcuts
- Saves images automatically to download folder
- Problems with capturing the entire page or specific regions
- Stays on the same page after taking a screenshot
- Open source and community-supported
Easy Screenshot - a Web Clipper is risky to use as it requires a number of sensitive permissions that can potentially harm your browser and steal your data. Exercise caution when installing this add-on. Review carefully before installing. We recommend that you only install Easy Screenshot - a Web Clipper if you trust the publisher.
Easy Screenshot - a Web Clipper has earned a fairly good reputation and likely can be trusted.