Yahoo! Mail Notifier
Notifies you when new emails arrived in your Yahoo! Mail box
What is Yahoo! Mail Notifier?
Yahoo! Mail Notifier is a unique Firefox add-on designed to send you notifications when new emails land in your Yahoo! Mail box. It stands out from other similar add-ons by retrieving only minimal data in kilobytes, instead of fetching the entire page in megabytes, thereby optimizing data usage. It requires the user to be logged in to Yahoo! to function. You can open the mail in a new tab by middle-clicking the toolbar icon if the 'Show mail preview popup' setting is enabled.
You must be logged into Yahoo, for this add-on to work!
The difference between this and the other add-ons are: This add-on only fetches a small data (kb) instead of the full page (mb) what the other add-ons are doing. For this reason, i decided to create my own notifier for Yahoo.
Note: If you have the setting "Show mail preview popup" enabled, you can still open yahoo mail in a new tab by middle-clicking on the toolbar icon.
User reviews summary
- Alerts you when you have a new email
- Can show unread count on the icon for also the other inboxes connected to Yahoo mail
- Quick button to access mailbox
- Keeps updated
- Some users have problem with logging into Yahoo
- Issues with the notification icon displaying incorrect unread email count
- Inability to customize the link to open when clicking the icon
- Problems with the icon showing a '?' when not logged in
- Gives notification for new emails
- Ability to show unread count for other inboxes connected to Yahoo mail
Yahoo! Mail Notifier may not be safe to use and it requires some risky permissions. Exercise caution when installing this add-on. Review carefully before installing.
Yahoo! Mail Notifier has earned a fairly good reputation and likely can be trusted.