YouTube Channel Whitelist
Exempt specific YouTube channels from uBlock Origin, block or mute specific advertisers, and force skip "unskippable" ads. To get started, add the following line to uBlock Origin's whitelist: *youtube.com/*&disableadblock=1
What is YouTube Channel Whitelist?
"YouTube Channel Whitelist" is a Firefox add-on that revolutionizes the way you manage ads on YouTube. Used in conjunction with uBlock Origin, it provides you the flexibility to whitelist your favorite YouTube channels, thereby exempting them from ad-blocking. Furthermore, it lets you block or mute specific advertisers, giving you optimum control over what you see. Its most exciting feature, however, is its ability to effectively force skip ads that are normally 'unskippable'. Efficiently manage ad content with YouTube Channel Whitelist.
User reviews summary
- Works great
- Mutes ads and gives option to skip/block certain advertisers
- Works with Adblock Plus
- Only requests the permissions it actually needs
- Developer responsive and fixes reported bugs quickly
- Attempt to load ads on non-whitelisted channels causes lag
- Issue with youtube sidebar being empty when addon is activated
- If a video is age restricted, user has to whitelist the channel to view it
- Need to manually add a line to whitelist after each restart
- Looping document reload issue with shortened youtube url
- Works well and does its job
- Some bugs initially but fixed over time
- Needs more settings options and user-friendly navigation
- Issues with non-whitelisted channels and age-restricted videos
- Compatibility with other adblocking extensions
YouTube Channel Whitelist is risky to use as it requires a number of sensitive permissions that can potentially harm your browser and steal your data. Exercise caution when installing this add-on. Review carefully before installing. We recommend that you only install YouTube Channel Whitelist if you trust the publisher.
YouTube Channel Whitelist has earned a fairly good reputation and likely can be trusted.